Wednesday, May 22, 2013

8/16/2013

Today I started my NST (non stress test) at my weekly appointments and this little guy was not cooperating at all!  Usually his heartbeat is on my right side and today it was on the left.  The nurse had my laying back pretty far and it was hard to drink water and eat ice to get him moving.  His heartrate was only reading in the low 120's to the low 130's and he is usually in the 150's.

The monitor just could not pick up a good heartbeat.  Dr Mauro came in and said he would give it a little bit to see if he started moving more.  He just wasn't kicking or moving a whole bunch.  After coming in a little later, he said that if he wasn't moving more, I would have to have an ultrasound.  Earlier in the day he kicked so hard that one of the girls at work saw my belly move!  Of course, now that I am sitting in the office, he is sleeping.

The nurse came in and I sat up more and asked for more ice to get him moving.  I got a few good kicks but still not much.  After some more time, doctor said that he had enough of a reading.  When I left, I realized I had been there for an hour!

Hopefully he is much more cooperative for the next appointment since we have to do this weekly until he is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment